Translate

Monday, November 9, 2015

Astronaut Hugs

Hello World!
This weekend I had a blast volunteering at the STEAM carnival. I gave myself the role of taking pictures of attendees with Steve Smith, astronaut. 



It was fun to hear all the advice he gave kids (young and old alike) that dreams come true when you work hard enough. He was a child when he drew this picture, and he showed it to everyone who stopped by- pretty cool right?


He also had the younger kids practice a firm handshake and looking people in the eyes when you first meet, great advice for everyone to remember. 

At the end of the day he gave me a big hug. I'd like to think that some of the right stuff and star stuff has rubbed off on me :) I also think that myself and the many people he interacted with rubbed off on him. After all, we are all made of star stuff!
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment