Translate

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

What’s your visual diet?

Hello World!
As a vision scientist I found this article particularly interesting and disturbing- it shows how easy it is to adjust our desired portrayal of reality (ourselves) in a way that does not allow for truth or authenticity. It is true that what we surround ourselves with matters- it makes up the mathematical baseline for which your visual system judges everything else. Diversity is important, details are important, and so is finding the beauty in our natural selves. It is a life long journey, one worth pursuing. I am glad that we have the tools of STEM, (and art and family and friends) to get to our destination! 



A more academic reference (I have this book and recommend it!) 

I hope as you look around, you see a bit of you in each person, and I hope when you look in the mirror, you see your unique and honest beauty.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment