Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Getaway and Forest Bath

Hello World!
The other weekend I left the city and went forest bathing. Research has shown that walking in the forest, lowers blood pressure and stress hormones. The same level of walking in an urban environment does not have these same health effects.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/17/536676954/forest-bathing-a-retreat-to-nature-can-boost-immunity-and-mood

Here is a picture of my getaway cabin (I admit, I've become a bit of glamper (glamour camping) as I've gotten older). It was all the beauty without the bugs. 





It was truly wonderful and I am missing the tall trees, soothing green palettes and connection with the universe. If you want to book your own getaway check out the link below!

https://getaway.house 

 :)

PS I was not paid to promote this, I just wanted to share this lovely experience and a little of the science. Sometimes STEM is soothing, and sometimes its good to leave it all and embrace the great outdoors.




No comments:

Post a Comment