Translate

Monday, January 20, 2014

Civil Rights STEM

Hello World!
Today is Martin Luther King Day for many people. I have always been told it is a day on, not a day off. It is a day for service. I am very grateful to live in a diverse world and I could not imagine a world without diversity. His message and means are significant and impactful in all areas of life, STEM too. I think it is important to reflect on the beauty of our world, connect on our similarities and to celebrate our differences. There are many ways to reflect, such as reading his words or participating in a local march, as for me, I turn to STEM. Here is a great website with lesson plans and information 

http://sciencenetlinks.com/collections/martin-luther-king-day-teaching-resources/


I believe it is important to educate people about civil rights as well as to do everything we can individually to create a world where we all belong. I am thankful for STEM as a tool today and individuals such as Martin Luther King who paved the way in our past. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment